Decision Support Analyst
Our multi-billion dollar manufacturing client is seeking a Decision Support Analyst. The primary responsibilities include assisting in the preparation of both internal and external reporting documents and includes the opportunity to work on complex accounting projects including new US GAAP accounting standard implementations, accounting research and issue resolution, and international coordination with accounting teams around the globe.
What you’ll be doing:
• Responsible for gathering, analyzing, and producing internal and external client financial reports in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Leads the monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidation and closing activities, including leading the execution of appropriate internal controls
• Performs financial analysis of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial results.
• Preparer of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial information distributed to management.
• Assists in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports filed with the SEC. Specifically, Form 10Q, 10K, 11K and 8K.
• Emphasis on process improvement and effectiveness within external reporting group.
• Documents and puts into practice new generally accepted accounting principles. This includes work on the new revenue and leasing accounting standards.
• Recommends and presents standard internal accounting policies and procedures.
• Supports the schedules and requests of external auditors.
• Interacts with other functional areas within the company, which includes; assisting with the accounting review of complex legal entity transactions, performing technical accounting research, and resolving other accounting inquiries.
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
• CPA or actively pursuing.
• 2-5 years accounting experience.
• Big Four SEC Auditing or Multi-national SEC Reporting experience preferred.
• SOX experience a plus.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong computer skills required particularly in Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Hyperion HFM.
ViaVero is a professional services firm providing Accounting Consultants to corporations (public and private) and middle market clients to assist with strategic initiatives and management level loan staff needs. Our specializations include financial reporting (management and SEC), interim accounting leadership, corporate tax (income and non-income), acquisition integration and accounting process improvement.
Check out our news! We recently announced a strategic joint venture with GBQ to expand both firm’s services. Read more here: http://gbq.com/press_release/gbq announces-joint-venture-with-viavero/