The Annuity Product Development Actuary will be involved in product efforts from inception through launch and perform activities necessary to find the optimal balance between profitability, competitiveness, and compensation while limiting downside risk. Key elements of this role include product innovation, product design, and analysis of various product features. Some of this analysis will be fully vetted and a full blown analysis will be required where results will be presented to a formal committee. Other analysis could be back of the envelop calculations where ideas are quickly analyzed.
What you’ll be doing:
Research and Development or continuous improvement could be a major component of the responsibilities as we enhance our modeling capabilities. A strong understanding of real world pricing or statutory financials is required and a basic understanding of hedging is preferred. This role will have the opportunity to work closely with the Actuarial Pricing Leads on fixed deferred, fixed index deferred, variable deferred, and income annuity products. This is a highly collaborative role and will become part of an Actuarial team that has an opportunity to work on all forms of annuities.
Skills and Experience:
• 20+ years of experience in Fixed Indexed Annuities and Variable Annuities.
• A four year degree from an accredited university is required.
• A strong understanding of real world pricing or statutory financials is required and a basic understanding of hedging is preferred.
• Product design and pricing experience
• Solving complex actuarial/market problems
• Experience with product development projects and a strong understanding of Statutory financials
• A strong understanding of pricing, real-world and risk-neutral
• A basic understanding of hedging
• Expertise with actuarial modeling software, preferable ALFA
• Experience with AG33, AG35, and AG43