Consults with financial and business unit leadership regarding complex cross-functional processes, systems and/or other activities. Serves as a recognized technical expert in regards to accounting and reconciliation. Plans, coordinates and completes reconciling item exception management that involves multiple business units or functional Finance areas.
Resource will participate in balance sheet reconciliation reporting & reconciling item exception management activities. This may include (but is not limited to) the following:
• Preparing reconciliation exception item reporting and communication.
• Scheduling and participating in meetings with the departments responsible for resolving reconciling items, recording minutes of such meetings, and executing action items arising from these meetings
• Reviewing the accuracy of draft Controllership reconciliation reporting packages and preparing executive summaries of this information
• Perform review of month-end bank reconciliations
• For selected accounts, determine proper reconciliation method, proper source report, process to research differences between source report and general ledger, identification of typical exceptions, identification of exception owners, and document any currently existing issues and steps needed to repair. Prepare and present reports summarizing this information to Finance and Business Unit leadership.
Education: Undergraduate studies in Accounting or related discipline.
Designations: Technical industry coursework or certifications (CPA, etc.) desirable.
Experience: Eight years related work experience.
Skills/Competencies: Advanced communication skills for verbal and written contact with Finance.