We are currently assisting our client in their search for a Controller.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the accounting and control functions, reporting the results of these financial operations. - -- - Prepares accounting and financial reports and ensures accurate accounting systems and recordkeeping.
- Maintains the general ledger and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of all company transactions; reviews entries to the general and subsidiary ledgers to assure accuracy and compliance with the company's and established accounting principles; controls all changes to chart of accounts.
- Responsible for monthly and year-end closing of the general ledger including preparation of journal entries.
-Must have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Experience in a similar role for a construction or manufacturing company.
- Multi-divisional responsibility, including consolidated financials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – strong verbal and written communication.
- Ability to navigate systems, including accounting software and very strong Excel skills.